2.07.2012

our NEW hallway

You may remember when I was contemplating redoing the hallway here.  Well, I decided to go for it.  John was sad about his stripes being painted over and I was a little sad too, but it was time for a change.  John worked on this hall while I was pregnant with Grace and it kinda became a Grace gallery.  It was full of Grace's pictures (even her sonogram), her handprints, her baby shoes, her monogram...it was all Grace.  And, I loved it!  But, we needed to add a little Carter!

{BEFORE}






{AFTER}

A couple of weeks ago, John sadly painted over the stripes with Sherwin William's Rice Grain and I made it more "us."  I made some silhouettes of both Grace and Carter and framed them. I covered some canvases with pages from my most favorite book, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  I hung up some vintage clipboards that will make it easy to change out photos or Grace's art.  I added an anthro monogram, a couple of frames, and this awesome "happy" pennant banner that my mother in law gave me for Christmas!  I absolutely love how it all looks now!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

So simple and beautiful! I love it!
I am hosting my first link party today and would love for you to link this up, along with anything else you like!
http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real...

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real