8.01.2011

I'm baaaack!


Ok...so I took a two week blogging break.  One week for a vacation at the beach (woo-hoo!) and one week to recuperate and get ready for school.  Today is my first day back to school...this summer went by WAY too fast!!!  While I am sitting in in-service this week, I thought you might enjoy way too many details about our vacation.  Sound good?  Ok, let's get started!

Days 1 & 2
My AWESOME parents rented a super fab house for us (9 adults and 7 kids) to stay at in Perdido for a week!  So, on Saturday morning we stuffed our car full and hit the road!




Way too many hours later, we were unpacking our suitcases in our beachy bedroom!  The girls went to the grocery store (ugh!), we ate dinner, and went to bed.  The next morning, we woke up to yucky rain!  We hoped and waited and hoped and waited for it to stop, but it didn't.  We have gone to beach every summer for the past 6 years and this is the first time that it has rained that long, so I guess one rain day in 6 years isn't so bad!  Grace, Beth, Lily, and I decided that we were going to the outlets in Gulf Shores.  We got some pretty awesome deals and had a great ok time(the air went out in the car, it was too foogy to see out the windows, there was a Gap giftcard incident, we didn't remember where we parked the car, and it was raining).  A few hours later, we were dry and meeting everyone for dinner at Zeke's Landing. We ate at Shipp's Island Thyme and we had a great Thyme!




After dinner, we walked around the docks, feed some fish, and checked out the last catch of the day!



Look at how sweet our little Carter man is!


He is standing in this picture!  Not sure what we were thinking!?!  He CAN'T stand up!  Proud parenting moment there-"here stand up on this bench above the ocean and let me take your picture for my blog." 


Oh, and we tried to start a flash mob!  If only we had of practiced first!  We could have done it!


When we got back to the house, the kids went swimming.  Grace likes to follow Andrew around the pool.  He has this "I am awesome with water" confidence!  So they both raked the water.


And poor Jenna!  It didn't take long before those tears turned to smiles!


to be continued...
(I know you can't wait!)

No comments: