8.18.2011

The First Day of School



Well...the day finally arrived.  A day that I knew was inevitable.  A day that I was hoping wouldn't come quite so soon.  A day that I have been dreading.  Grace's first day of school.  Yesterday, she started preschool.  I was NOT ready for my sweet, little girl to go school everyday, all day!  I know she will enjoy school and at this point in our lives, she has to go to school.  So, I loaded up on Mountain Dew and tissues and got her ready for her first day of 3-K!  She went to bed the night before all clean with her backpack full of crayons and glue sticks and her uniform laid out.  She was super excited!


I threw together a "Back to School" breakfast at the last minute!



And because she is my child, she LOVED it!


She was so ready to go to school!  I finally let her get dressed about 30 minutes before it was time to leave and she was quite full of herself!  She thinks this uniform is awesome!


After, I took a couple of pictures she was ready to get in the car.  I told her she had to wait a little longer and this was the look I got!


Once we got in the car, that brought a HUGE smile back on her face.  All the way to school, Grace questioned every turn I made.  She even accused me of being lost.  I said, "Grace, we are not lost.  I know where I'm going!"  Grace replied, "Oh!  I porgot!  We're not in da porest!" (as if you can only be lost in a forest-too cute!)  


She is such a BIG girl!


When Grace realized that people were at school, she definitely got nervous!  But, she was brave.  She took a picture with her teacher, Miss Graham.


She sat at her seat and began her puzzle.  She told me bye and there were no tears!  I was so proud of my sweet girl on her first day of school!






1 comment:

Steph said...

So cute! She is so big!! Now I feel like I need to redo all of Andrew's first day of schools :)